How our fees work - and what we do for it
Charities pay a 5% fee on donations (which we take from the Gift Aid we reclaim)
and in return we help them raise more money, more efficiently. By leaving the costly
and time-consuming stuff to us, they can spend more time, energy and money on doing
Here's what we're busy doing for our 5% fee
- Running, monitoring 24/7 and constantly improving JustGiving's
technology so it can handle high levels of traffic while meeting the latest security
and banking standards.
- Constantly creating new fundraising tools and services for charities,
at no extra cost.
- Taking full responsibility for the Gift Aid we claim on charities'
behalf, being regularly audited by HMRC.
- Providing dedicated customer service for charities and their supporters,
giving prompt and expert advice.
- Giving charities full access to their data, helping them track
and analyse their fundraising success.
- Providing free support to charities (especially the
small ones) on how to raise even more online.
- Giving you a clean, junk-free experience. We'll never spam you,
sell you anything or pass your personal details on to a third party. Ever.
Here’s how we charge our 5% fee
- You donate £10.00 and we send it to your charity that week.
- We reclaim Gift Aid from the government (which takes a month), adding £0.00 to your
- We take our 5% fee from the Gift Aid, with credit/debit card/PayPal charges, and
send all the rest to the charity. So for every £10.00 you give, the charity gets £9.37,
and they get it faster.
Our 5% fee
Card-processing fee @ 1.30%*
Total cost to charity
* Charges vary depending on whether you use a MasterCard debit card (16p), PayPal (1.45%) or Visa debit (17p).
If your donation isn’t eligible for Gift Aid, we take our 5% fee from your donation.
Because over 85% of donations through JustGiving are eligible for Gift Aid, charities
always end up raising more with us.
Charities also pay a monthly subscription fee of £15 + VAT for our service.